Gun Violence Statistics
Every day, on average, 318 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, and police intervention.
Every day, 222 people are shot and survive.
- 164 are injured in an attack
- 10 survive a suicide attempt
- 45 are shot unintentionally
- 3 are shot in a legal intervention
Every day, 96 people die from gun violence.
- 34 are murdered
- 59 kill themselves
- 1 is killed unintentionally
- 1 dies but the intent is unknown
In a year 116,255 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, or by police intervention.
81,114 people survive gun injuries:
- 60,041 injured in an attack
- 3,700 survive a suicide attempt
- 16,428 shot unintentionally
- 945 people are shot by legal intervention
35,141 people die from gun violence
- 12,246 murdered
- 21,637 die from suicide
- 500 killed unintentionally
- 479 killed by legal intervention
- 279 die but intent was unknown